0.2.8 in the works. whats new?!

Discussion and Development board for the popular XBOX(360) controller driver.

Squall Leonhart
Posting Freak

Post by Squall Leonhart »

0.2.8 is on the way with some not so minor improvements

We've been on 0.2.7 for awhile now, mainly with little changes to the inf and installation script, i don't update the actual build number unless some big changes happen to the installed files, etc.

Thats where we come to 0.2.8

A new rumble driver is in the works!

The current rumble dll has some unusual oddities, particularly in how it might behave differently on one system, than it does on another.

KrossX and I discovered this while trying to correct some previous bad behaviour. Previously, for everyone (because of a lacking return value) the wave effects of sine/triangle and sawtooth were not being performed due to a missing returning of the sin result. Ramp similarly was lacking the intensity scaling due to missing a FTOI result. Fixing these in the original code brought about some very odd behavior.

For instance, one psemu pro pad plugin "PadHariKari" fails to use any of the periodic effects now that FTOI returns a correct value.

In the same plugin, KrossX was unable to get Constant vibration in HaraKari, whilst It works on my system, Where FEDIT has working Constant for both of us.

This appears to be some kind of random result, or an instance where different cpu's might come to a different result.

KrossX has had some headway on getting it to perform the aforementioned rumble types, but has decided to scrap the code and rewrite it. Probably a good idea, it was originally written for VC6.

Another change, one that i haven't yet implemented is the addition of several more controllers that i have managed to stumble across in a linux gamepad library. Luckily these include both device names and vendor and product id's.

The last change, but probably most important for those upgradaholics, will be windows 8 support. I tracked the installation failure down to the lack of a driver catalog, i can create one easily. Signing is another story. The downside to this, is that windows 8 users will be unable to modify their own inf and install the driver themselves, without recreating the catalog file each time they modify the inf... this isn't something i can control, this is a windows 8 thing. Users can get around this by disabling driver verification in the F8 boot menu (Shift+F8 in windows 8) whilst installing the driver. It should continue to work properly once the driver is in the pnp driverstore.

Last edited by Squall Leonhart on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatJoe

Post by FatJoe »

Nice is there also an updated functionality of Dark Souls:annoy:

Squall Leonhart
Posting Freak

No, since your issue appears to be configuration wise

I saw your thread, just haven't gotten around to replying to it yet.

wlfwood

Post by wlfwood »

Can't wait to try it out, although I'm very happy with the current release :rocknana:

FreddieM

Post by FreddieM »

Hi,

I am using the drivers xbcd for a long time. Unfortunately not work on windows 8. When ready version 0.2.8?

Thank you for your work.

Squall Leonhart
Posting Freak

the drivers can be installed on windows 8 with the boot menu - Disable driver signing trick

it won't be a problem after this.

FreddieM

Post by FreddieM »

Thanks, it works.

For new users:

• Open the Charms bar (press the Windows logo key + C).
  • Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General
  • Scroll down and click on Restart Now (under Advanced startup) and wait.
  • Now choose Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup settings -> Restart.
  • When prompted, press the 7 or F7 key to Disable driver signature enforcement.
  • Now you can finally proceed with the driver XBCD installation.
Hasch

Post by Hasch »

Hi

I wonder if the full range option will be available for windows 64bits in this 0.2.8 or next version ? It would be very useful.

Thanks for response.

(also i would say thank you for xbcd i use it since i find it on redcl0ud :gfdrin :)

Squall Leonhart
Posting Freak

fullrange may never be supported, not while we lack a hid developer.

eskeletenice

Post by eskeletenice »

how can i download this version?