Developer Chat

Developmental Discussions of visualboyadvance-m
ZachBacon

Re: Developer Chat

Post by ZachBacon »

I don't know about eating minstrils, but I am rejoicing at the forum be back up. I just need to get mainsite changed over to a system that we all can use and post to instead of just one person.

ZachBacon

Post by ZachBacon »

Came across an interesting resource site for gameboy related stuff https://gbdev.io

oliverwolfe96

Post by oliverwolfe96 »

Not sure if this is the right place, I want to splice a GBA link cable with a USB cable. Any advice? they both use serial coms, the only issue now hypothetically is writing a device driver and allowing interface with the VBA application. I am trying to build a portfolio to advance in my career.

I am aware it would most likely be written in C, any input (no pun intended) would be appreciated.

My end goal is to allow trading of Pokemon between PC and original hardware. Anyone thought of this? Haven't found much helpful info with my own searches. I know I can rip saves from a cart but I am wanting to create a seamless communication link.

ZachBacon

Post by ZachBacon »

That's something that I can't really help you with, that's rather.. Untested territory, I'm not entirely sure any emulator supports doing something like that and I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like that, I would probably direct you to something like GBA Dev and GBATEK

Also apologies for the lateness of the reply, most of the time I kind live on the github repo, though lately I have been on a bit of a hiatus focusing on my life and trying to stay afloat as sadly working on this doesn't generate any funding.

oliverwolfe96 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 pm

Not sure if this is the right place, I want to splice a GBA link cable with a USB cable. Any advice? they both use serial coms, the only issue now hypothetically is writing a device driver and allowing interface with the VBA application. I am trying to build a portfolio to advance in my career.

I am aware it would most likely be written in C, any input (no pun intended) would be appreciated.

My end goal is to allow trading of Pokemon between PC and original hardware. Anyone thought of this? Haven't found much helpful info with my own searches. I know I can rip saves from a cart but I am wanting to create a seamless communication link.

Post by 1905725548 »

Hello I am a game lover. I have played a GBA game which called Monster summoner in my children state. Now I am a developer, I am very interesting about it‘s source code.But I dont know where to find.Dose any one know where to find?