Add Configurable Options for Deadzone settings.

Arax

Add Configurable Options for Deadzone settings.

Post by Arax »

This one should be obvious, it really puzzles me why it isnt included. Or why its weirdly hidden, if there is an option to change it at all.

Edit: So, a valua is defined, and is not configurable, and i question that decision. Please consider changing it. Some people dont have the money to buy a new controller just cause they are a bit old. its not even reachable in a config file.

Last edited by Arax on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squall Leonhart
Posting Freak

Re: Add Configurable Options for Deadzone settings.

Post by Squall Leonhart »

The deadzone is already defined by default in SDL, if you need a bigger one time to replace your controller.

Arax

Post by Arax »

I bet im gonna get shit on for saying this, but what a stupid thing to say. The controller is still fine, its right on the brink to sometimes triggering, so sorry for being poor i guess? You have a lot of posts, so i guess i have lost here anyway. but your argument boils down to "I dont need it=no one needs it" so please just shut up.

Squall Leonhart
Posting Freak

Post by Squall Leonhart »

You have the option of using the Digital Pad for mapping the buttons of a handheld with all digital buttons.

You gain nothing from using analog.

SDL's predefined deadzone is already around 20-25%

Arax

Post by Arax »

i have an xbox 360 controller, which was an excellent controller. But it has one drawback and that is a bad D-pad. But that point is irrelevant anyway. The developer decided that "cluttering" the menus with an option to set the deadzone wasnt worth it, and im here to argue against that. Yes, not many people will need it, but its just a line more in the menu.